My Brother's Keeper...Responding to the Call
Paul Public Charter School presents "My Brother’s Keeper…Responding to the Call" in partnership with BMAFunders, Capital Cause, Dream Works, Inc., Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Incorporated, Kappa Alpha Psi Foundation, Rebound for Success, The Black Man Can Institute, The Young & Powerful Group DC celebrating National Charter School Week & Teacher Appreciation Week.
On the heels of President Barack Obama’s "My Brother's Keeper" initiative launched on Thursday, February 27, 2014, Paul PCS recognizes National Charter School Week in conjunction with Teacher Appreciation Week by hosting a forum on this critical issue: "My Brother's Keeper...Responding to the Call." Paul believes in educating all of our young boys of color through middle and high school in order to prepare them to go to and through college. Paul seeks to continue the dialogue and respond to the call for action around this critical issue.
Join the conversation to address the prevailing issues facing young boys of color in the District of Columbia. The schedule is:
3:00 – 5:30 p.m. – Workshops with Paul PCS middle and high school boys
5:15 – 6:15 p.m. – Doors Open & Welcome Reception
6:15 – 8:00 p.m. - Forum
8:00 – 8:15 p.m. – Closing and next steps
8:15 – 8:30p.m. - Opportunities for engagement (sign up to volunteer, mentor, partner, etc.)
Confirmed panelists are:
- Dr. Karl Reid, Senior Vice President of Research, Innovation and Member College Engagement, UNCF - Moderator
- Kezia Williams, Chairwoman, Capital Cause
- Danielle Singh, Principal, Paul PCS: Paul Middle School
- L-Mani Viney, National Guide Right Chair, Kappa League: Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. & Kappa Alpha Psi Foundatio
- Brandon Frame, Chief Visionary Officer, The Black Man Can Institute
- Tony Lewis, Jr., Founder & Activist, DC or Nothing
Confirmed workshop partners are:
- Capital Cause
- Dream Works, Inc.
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Incorporated & Kappa Alpha Psi Foundation
- Rebound for Success
- The Black Man Can Institute
- The Young & Powerful Group DC
Confirmed partners are:
Interested in getting involved? Contact Paul PCS at firstname.lastname@example.org.