Mentoring in Medicine Virtual Science Camp
Do not miss a free, two-week online virtual camp for middle school, high school and college students. The online two-week summer camp allows students to gain exposure to various careers in medicine and learn advanced biology in a fun and interactive format. The virtual camp is a program of Mentoring in Medicine, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to prepare low-income students and underrepresented minorities to pursue healthcare related careers.
From the comfort of your home, students can view a “live” video webcast to learn advanced biology, research methods and serve as a community health ambassador. The dates are Monday, August 5 to Friday, August 16th, Monday through Friday, from 2-5pm EST. The program is free! You only need a computer with an internet connection.
You will have a chance to:
- Explore the Anatomy, Physiology and Diseases of the Cardiovascular System
- Learn Science Study Strategies that Really Work
- Create a Health Technology Project
- Become a Community Health Ambassador
- Compete in the Science and Health Fair for Prizes
- Network with Health Professionals
- Join the Fun
The registration deadline is Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 5 pm. Register today at www.mimvc2.eventbrite.com.