Community Health & Wellness Back To School Festival
The Greater Washington Urban League and AmeriHealth DC (formerly Chartered Health Plan) are sponsoring a Community Health & Wellness Back To School Festival Saturday, August 17, 2013 from 11am to 5pm. The event takes place at GWUL, 2901 14th St., NW (Corner of 14th and Harvard Streets, NW). GWUL is two Blocks South of Columbia Heights Metro on Green Line.
Highlights of the event:
- Free book bags and school supplies
- Arts and crafts
- Vendors of all kinds
- Drawings for prizes
- Free health screenings (BMI, cholesterol, diabetes, HIV, stress, bone density, oral health, and more)
- Free fresh produce
- First time home buyer loan information
- Entrepreneur Certification Information
- Financial Literacy Workshop
The event is free and open to all.
More information is available by calling the Greater Washington Urban League, 202-265-8200 ext. 290.